Current Archaeology Live - a quick recap.

AlanS
Contributing Editor

Current Archaeology Live - a quick recap.

Post by AlanS » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:44 am

An excellent couple of days spent at Senate House in London once again, though I didn't attend the two guided tours of east London sites on the Sunday. I was there as a guest of Current Archaeology magazine, on tweeting duty. Attendance was up on last year, and a larger venue (or a cap on numbers) may be needed next year.

Friday morning started with the Prehistoric session, obviously the one of most interest to us here. Some excellent reports of excavations as always, and plenty to think about. I even found some interest in the following Roman session(!) though my personal interest levels in the individual talks dropped off from then on. I will blog up a full report on the talks in due course.

A big attraction for me at the conference is the chance to mingle and talk with the various archaeologists and other professionals during the tea/coffee/lunch breaks, and I tried to take advantage of this. The usual 'star' names were present. So, namedropping, I managed to speak (all too briefly!) with Julian Richards, Phil Harding and John Gator among others. I also had a long chat with Adam Stanford, the photographer, as well as several of the speakers and other archaeologists present, although I couldn't get close to Mike Parker-Pearson :-(

I conversations obviously mentioned the Journal, especially our Inside the Mind and Postcards series, and will be following up with various contacts via email over the next week or so, so look out for more articles on those topics soon hopefully! Sue: One of those I spoke with was Prof Niall Sharples from Cardiff - he sends his regards to you.

So, all in all, a busy and hopefully productive couple of days. In mitigation to Mikki I took her out on Sunday, so it's been a bit of a whirlwind weekend. Once I've got back into routine I'll set to writing everything up properly.

Nigel
Troublemaker

Re: Current Archaeology Live - a quick recap.

Post by Nigel » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:38 am

Cheers Alan. Another HA gold medal in post.

AlanS
Contributing Editor

Post by AlanS » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:38 pm

Not sure if I mentioned it, but I was contemplating buying a ticket for next year's CA Live conference, when an email dropped on my mat. They want me back to tweet it again!!

That competition I entered and won was good value! That's three free years now, at £70-80/ticket I can't complain :-)

goffik

Post by goffik » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:55 pm

That's absolutely brilliant news! Well done, mate! :)

G x