I have sent a brief email about volunteering to info@heritageaction.org.uk

Regards

Lisa Cardy

AlanS
Contributing Editor

Re: Situations Vacant

Post by AlanS » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:02 am

Hi Lisa, and welcome!

Unfortunately I'll be offline formost of the day but I'm sure the otherswill be in touch at some point. The details of whatwe'd like are laid out above. If you need to know anything about us as an organisation, just shout!

A.

brookebrooky

Post by brookebrooky » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:10 pm

Blimey - how kind you all are! I do have a few funny stories, but maybe best to keep them for another day. I have managed to get about, locally as well as to other sites that have taken my fancy. You may have spotted me at Wood Henge or Flag Fen or even scurrying about on Anglesey. Sometimes muttering under my breath as kids jump all over stuff or, rarely, lost for words at something truly amazing that a book has not been able to do justice to. I even have no shame in wandering through housing estates dressed as medieval woman (I know - you do adjust) gathering kids up like the pied piper. A great way to get kids on board and do some informal teaching. I think this forum is a brilliant way of sharing the work your doing and I'm looking forward to adding more to it.

juamei
Web Monkey

Post by juamei » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:34 pm

lisa.cardy@gmail.com wrote:Hello,

I have sent a brief email about volunteering to info@heritageaction.org.uk

Regards

Lisa Cardy
Hi Lisa,

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here :) Would you mind posting some / all of the email here or just do an intro? I'd post it myself, but not sure if you want it all on a public forum!

lisa.cardy@gmail.com

Post by lisa.cardy@gmail.com » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:50 pm

Dear All,

Here's what I emailed.....

I'm interested in volunteering for the news editor post. Very briefly:

I have a first degree in archaeology and a post graduate degree in information science (which basically makes me an IT literate librarian).

I currently work, part time, have access to a number of online news and archaeology resources as well as some free time.

I'm currently trying to steer my career towards heritage research, and so would hope to get as much out of the post of news editor as I put in.

Please don't hesitate to contact me with any queries and please let me know if you'd like a more detailed resume.